14 January 2020
Red Velvet Cupcakes
San Carlos White Sugar
Did you know the well-known Red Velvet Cake gained great popularity in the 20th century? The first was made during the 19th century, a time when American bakers were perfecting their own cake recipes.
Using almond flour, cocoa or cornstarch to break down the flour’s protein, the famous bakers created a cake that had a finer texture, which they called “Red Velvet”.
Best of all, Red Velvet it’s not complicated to prepare, and you can select any size you want for the cake! This week we will teach you how to prepare this delicious dessert in a cupcake presentation.
Let’s do it!
- 0 g. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 200 g. butter
- 200 g. de SAN CARLOS WHITE SUGAR
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
Ingredients for the icing:
- 200 g. cream cheese
- 150 g. butter
- 250 g. de SAN CARLOS POWDERED WHITE SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356ºF).
- Add flour, baking soda and cocoa to a bowl.
- In another bowl, add butter and sugar. Mix until a creamy texture is obtained.
- Keep mixing and gently add eggs and flour, baking soda and cocoa. Add to the batter the vanilla extract and red food coloring. Mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pans. Bake in preheated oven between 15 and 20 minutes, until batter grows, and cupcakes become consistent.
To make icing:
- • In a bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until the consistency is homogenous.