5 January 2020
Raspberry and Lemon Icing Christmas Cake
San Carlos White Sugar
This time we present to you our raspberry and lemon Christmas Cake. Raspberries may be substituted with strawberries.
For the cake:
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1 cup SAN CARLOS WHITE SUGAR
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperatura
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- big lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 50 g raspberries
For the lemon icing:
- ¾ cup SAN CARLOS POWDERED SUGAR
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 90-100 g raspberries
- 50 blackberries
- Mint leaves
- Grease and line a baking pot with wax paper, take into account the pot height, as the dough grows up to 9cm (3.5inch).
- Pre heat the over to 180ºC (356ºF).
- In a bowl add the flour, baking soda, ground almonds, and salt. Beat and store.
- In another bowl beat SAN CARLOS WHITE SUGAR with lemon zest and butter, until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, letting them integrate in the mix completely.
- Alternate adding the flour mix and milk.
- Pour 1/3 of the mix in the baking pot and add half of the raspberries. Pour another 1/3 over them and add the remainder of the raspberries.
- Add the remainder of the mix on the top.
- Bake for 75 minutes. Halfway through baking, cover the top with kitchen foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes before demolding.
- Bathe with lemon icing, following the steps in our Instagram stories.