9 January 2020
San Carlos Raw Sugar
This recipe is originally from the Ecuadorian Amazonia, the traditional Chucula is a ripe plantain thick beverage (known locally as colada), and it is part of the Ecuadorian diet.
- 2 cups SAN CARLOS RAW SUGAR
- 4 ripe plantains, peeled and sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted cheese, grated
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup water
- Add to a pot the ripe plantains, water, cinnamon and SAN CARLOS RAW SUGAR.
- Cook to medium-heat for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Remove the cinnamon. Blend the ripe plantains, water and sugar with milk.
- Pour the mix into another pot, add cheese and vanilla.
- Simmer and stir constantly. Wait until it boils and remove from heat.
- Serve Ecuadorian Chucula into cups with a little bit of lemon foam.